Thursday, January 19, 2012



Name: Benjamin Johns

Location: Parts unknown

New Year's Resolution: restart the hobby blog

Press statement:


To my valued fans,


I know my presence on blogspot has been nonexistant over the last 10 months, but times they are a'changin'. As a New Year's Resolution I am planning to exert more effort on my hobby and my hobby blog, so expect to see more action here over the course of the next week weeks. As with before, I'm going to be posting some snaps of my older work while I work on getting shots of my more recent work. That being said, let's get on with the show...





Today's theme is Chaos...






Let's start out with a little dandy I painted up for the Glen Burnie Bunker (R.I.P) before GD Baltimore 2009...

This is one of the better Games Day models I can remember and it was a blast to paint. It still holds a little special place in my heart.








Next up is one of my favorite Forge World models of all time. Orginally a renegade psyker, this one currently fulfills the role of a Lore of Death Sorcerer in my Warriors of Chaos Army. He also sits atop my Chaos Warshrine (hopefully I'll be able to post some pics of that in the next few days!)...










Next up are some of Marauder horsemen. These are some of my favorite sculpts in the line... which explains my four units! Unfortunately, there are only three of them here as the standard and other flanker were still being painted at the time these pictures were taken. Again, hopefully I'll be able to throw one up in the next few days.


flanking marauder 1:



The musician:




the champion:















Finally, the artillery everyone loves to hate, the Hellcannon. I painted this one up sometime in the middle of 2011. I wanted to see how it would look without the giant skull bitz... I was pleasantly surprised with results. Said bitz were used in the conversion of Battlefleet Gothic Despoiler battleship (another picture for another day ;).






That's all for now. Expect more in the next few days!


Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment