Friday, January 27, 2012

Strange things are a-foot on the hobby bench...

Hey everyone,

You know, sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you find yourself on your ass in the batter's box being laughed at by the hometown crowd. When you feel like you're left with nothing left, you've got to pour yourself into to the things you love.

Today, we get to see my most current hobby project:



... you guessed it... I'm scratch building a warhound titan from the ground up (and that's 14" clock base). These feet took me about an hour to cut and another hour and one half to fabricate. They're looking good if I don't say so myself...

If there's anyone out there interested, I'm willing to post the templates I'm using as I go along. Post a comment to this post and I'll get that process moving! Tonight and over the course of the weekend I am hoping to get at least the lower legs and knees together. If I'm really motivated, you might even be seeing this bad boy from foot to hip by Monday.

Anyone who has ever built one of the fine Forge World titan knows that one of the most difficult building (but aesthetically rewarding) aspects of the kit are the dreaded pistons. This home built god-machine is going to be no different. I have an order of plastic tubing (1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8") on order from the good folks at www.hobbylinc.com (a great online company with a huge variety of traditional model kits and supplies of all stripes) and can't wait to get down to fabricating!


Finally... I'm taking suggestions for names for titan mk.I. The current working designation is The Dirge of Perdition. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, drop me a comment!

Until the next post,

Cheers,


Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment